Face masks should be used once a week without hesitation, they provide a mini facial from your home, offering a soft, healthy base for the rest of your skincare regime.
Charcoal face masks:
- ORIGINS Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask uses Bamboo charcoal that draws out the dirt in your pores. Whilst Chinese clay absorbs environmental toxins that our face picks up every day. It is best for normal, oily and combination skin as charcoal can be slightly drying.
- Sand & Sky Brilliant Skin Purifying Pink Clay Mask brought back the clay mask when it looked as though sheets had completely taken over. It smoothes and brightens. Similarly to Origins it is good for all skin types, excluding dry skin.
- GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment is amazing for acne and common skin problems, it visibly reduces pores. Its unique formula draws out impurities, yet retains your skin’s natural oils.
Hydrating face masks:
- AESOP Primrose facial cleansing masque leaves the skin feeling smooth and deeply cleansed, yet retains moisture as it contains vitamin E.
- Clarins SOS Comfort Mask consists of Mango Butter and mango oil, it is intensively hydrating and the best option for dry skin.
- T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial – Drunk Elephant is a Korean product. It is perfect for all skin types. Such as, dull, uneven skin tone with its combination of 25% AHA and 2% HHA.
Brightening face masks:
- SISLEY Black Rose Cream Mask combats signs of tiredness and provides a youthful glow.
- MALIN + GOETZ Detox Face Mask is filled with Vitamin E and vitamin C to brighten skin, whilst its foaming formula draws out impurities.
Sheet masks took over the beauty world last year, providing a variety of benefits. From Korea, sheet masks are easy to apply. They are filled with ingredients and unlike regular masks, when you remove the sheet you simply massage in any excess. It could not be easier.
- Garnier Moisture Bomb Camomile Tissue Mask is the cheapest face mask you will find (under £3.00). It is super hydrating with chamomile and especially good for dry, sensitive skin.
- SHISEIDO’s Benefiance Pure Retinol Intensive Revitalizing Face Mask is a more expensive option, however, provides wonderful results. Retinols are great for anti-ageing, yet actually, help all skin types from acne to dry skin.